Monday, March 24, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

Hi there blogging friends! I have you know, I’m forgoing a much needed nap to blog today. Well you know how the lines between needs and wants can get a little fuzzy sometimes ;o). We’ve had a whirlwind of an Easter weekend! Lots a fun at other people’s houses, so mine looks like a tornado from leaving early and coming home late; things were left where they landed.

Daddy Lion was off on Friday, so we had an extended weekend. I was able to go do some Easter shopping Friday morning (thanks again Tia for the fashion advice). Then we spent the afternoon/evening at our friends' house. The guys stayed late at another friend's b-day bash, so Jaime and I talked MOPS! Great accomplishments made. I did take my camera to get pics of the boys playing together, but I never even picked it up!

Saturday we enjoyed our small group egg hunt. A great time of playing, eating, and fellowship. Here are the kids ready to go.All the kids lined up, so excited to start the hunt! We made the big ones wait for the little ones to go first. Just about a 20 second wait, but it felt like eternity for them.
Little Pumpkin loved the rock wall on the play-set! I'm thinking we'll have to be on the look out for one. Daddy Lion says he can add it to our existing set.The kids loved the confetti eggs Mer brought. Can you see a little bit of a pecking order going on here?!
A big shout out to Kristen and Eriik for hosting us! It was a great time with some fun memories made.


Sunday was a great Easter celebration at church with a brunch. Can you believe we managed to get 10 kids in a picture where you can at least see every face!?! All the kids from our small group decked out in their Easter best! So why is it so hard to get a good pic of 2?!?! The best I have of the two of them together from this camera. (I borrowed Pop's Sunday am, since I left mine at the small group egg hunt!)Last year I got a great picture of Gator and Little Lion in this same spot. I hope to do the same for years to come! ;o)

After church over to Lolly and Pop’s house for lunch, naps, dying eggs, games and LOTS of eating. This seems to be a recurring theme – eating! And we wonder why we have issues with our weight! ;o)
We did do another egg hunt there, but with Little Lion and Little Pumpkin being the only grandkids, it was a much smaller scale! It was nice just to hang out and relax. Happy Easter from the Lions' Den!


Monday - This morning was MOPS. Jaime and I announced to the existing group about the new chapter starting at our church. I think it went really well! I’m very excited about next year while still be overwhelmed at times. But I know that God’s got a perfect plan and He will equip us along the way!

Okay enough stalling ~ back to the clean-up efforts after Hurricane Easter! ;o)
I hope you all had a great celebration – it was worth the clean-up for me!

3 comments:

  1. because you are in MOPS, THANK YOU!!!! Jolene called me and told me of the donations today for Glory Babies. My entire day was made! SO many people will be touched by the generosity of your group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful Easter weekend. You all look so happy! Good luck with the house, but you know as soon as you get it clean....

    The Park Wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd known Little Pumpkin didn't have a purse for Easter - I wanted to get one but figured someone else would. Soooo - I'll be watching for something white.
    Grandma Lion

    ReplyDelete