Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm a Good Egg Man

As with any good family get together, we had lots of goodies last weekend! You would have thought it was the holidays. Every time we are all together my mom's pound cake is requested! And if you've ever had my mom's pound cake you know why! In fact, I remember when my cousin was stationed well, I don' t know where exactly, but during Dessert Storm, he requested a pound cake from my mom! And she sent him one!!!

Wow, that was a rabbit trail. So on Saturday evening, mom starts to make her infamous pound cake. I'm not sure what perked his ears, but Little Lion came walking into the kitchen and said: "I'm a good egg man!" My reply: "Oh, you are?!?"


Sure enough, he is! He did better than I do! SO much like his Daddy!
And in this house that's a very good thing! *wink*



He very carefully cracked 6 eggs and dumped them into the mix! Little Pumpkin got in on the action too. (those pics turned out way too blurry) I loved sitting there watching them be mesmerized by the whole process. Their eagerness to help and learn. I so remember standing in a chair at my Nanny's counter as she made my favorite cherry pie! I pray that this too will be sweet memories for them!

Mmmm..... pound cake, too bad it was ALL gone by Wednesday! Good thing Thanksgiving is just around the corner! *grin*

3 comments:

  1. Little Lion always makes me smile! Now all we need is the recipe!! Or even better a piece of the cake.....just so we can see if it is REALLY all that good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching little boys to cook makes husbands that can cook....and I know you and I totally appreciate that!

    Mmmmm...that pound cake sounds delicious and I am sure that one was made with a little extra love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great memories!! I want a piece of that yummy cake.lol...

    ReplyDelete