Remember her?
Well, if I wasn't so lazy I'd photo shop my son's picture into that! Let us begin at the beginning...
So, have you ever had one of those conversations that wished you had recorded? That was my conversation with Little Lion on the way of from school Monday. They have been in standardized testing since last Tuesday so they have had extra recess time each day. Monday was no different and after he said the Social Studies portion was easy I asked what he did during recess.
"I played." {such a guy answer}
Well, yes, but what did you play?
"Pokemon."
Is that all?
"Well, then I had some work to do"
Oh? What kind of work are you doing?
This is where I wish I started recording.... I cannot retell it the way it happened! I was in a state of shock and awe! He proceeds to tell me that he "helps" groups get back together again. Basically, resolving playground disagreements. The humor was in hearing him talk about it! He was so serious and his choice of words were so grown up! I was trying my hardest to not bust out laughing.
"Jane* & Sue* are hard. Everyday something new comes up and my plate just keeps getting fuller and fuller. I've been working on them for weeks. I got the environmental group back together in one day! That's the normal time frame to getting them back together."
Love this boy! His heart is so big!!! Praying his sweet spirit is never crushed.
*Names have been change to protect the innocent!


Wow, sounds like he will grow up to be a pastor, counselor, or maybe even a politician, who knows, but the fact that he wants to help other third graders is phenominal, more power to him and my God bless his efforts.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers from grandma and grandpa
Hmmm.... wonder where that gene came from?
ReplyDeleteI love you Blake!!!!!!!